Choosing a Team!


PROUD MEMBER OF THE DAWG POUND RIGHT HERE!

If you cannot tell by the HUGE BOLD LETTERS on the end zone, and the orange and brown decorated throughout the stadium, this past weekend was when I officially decided to identify myself as a Browns fan. Going to your first ever NFL game does that to you. Most of you take me as a bandwagon fan for any team that wins all the time. No disrespect to the other NFL teams, but one of the biggest reasons that I have become a Browns fan is simply because it is Ohio's NFL team! The TRUE Ohio NFL team. Better than those little kittens from Cincinnati. With that aside, allow me to entertain you with the story of my very first experience at an NFL Game.

It all started this past Saturday at midnight. I was on a mini-vacation with my friends in what I like to call “middle of nowhere winter cabin forest” Ohio. My brother and a couple of his friends had an extra ticket to The Browns Game, and I was the missing link. So, my best friend and I arranged a voyage back to Columbus so that I could get at least three hours of sleep before my brother and I would wake up and head to Cleveland. Six in the morning came quickly! I was wearing layers of clothing! The clothing that brought me the most pride was my new pair of Cleveland Browns pajama pants. I wore these over a pair of jeans due to the tundra weather I was prepared to experience. Once my brother left his car at his friend’s house, we were off! I drove first. I was driving someone else’s car, so I was aware of the necessity of driving safe. After a couple of hours, we stopped at a Starbucks and I loaded up on some food. After that, the owner of the car regained the wheel, and before we knew it we found ourselves at FirstEnergy Stadium...home of the Cleveland Browns, and their fan base which has become known as The Dawg Pound! This was personified by the barking dog chants that we would hear all day long!

We waited until security let us into the stadium, which in and of itself was an experience. You can feel the tension as they are asking people to take their hats off and search all their clear see-through bags. They even had people shake their blankets to make sure nothing was in them. It was a bit excessive. I was surprised that they didn't treat every single attendant with a pat down. Could you imagine? The humor at watching so many people getting patted down by security. That would've been quite a show! Once we got into the stadium, we had a couple of hours to relax and enjoy the "luxury" of stadium food. After making our way to our seats, we became part of the experience. The Stadium had the atmosphere of a gladiator coliseum. Spectators everywhere, the field was being set up for the entrance of Cleveland's Finest. The anthem was played, and Evan and I put our hands over our hearts and sang like birds.  The weather wasn't all that we had anticipated, but thank God that it didn't rain or snow. Before long, it was game time!

THE GAME WAS AWESOME! We WON! We beat North Carolina! What a game! After a long day in Cleveland, my brother and I were as exhausted as ever! We went to bed early that night. I knew from that day forward that I had made my decision. I AM A Browns Fan! Which by the way, I bet my best friend that I could name five players, so here I go:

1. Baker Mayfield (QB)
2. Nick Chubb (RB)
3. Joe Schobert (LB)
4. Jarvis Landry (WR)
5. Denzel Ward (CB)

It was really nice to see The Browns win when we visited Cleveland this past weekend. Hopefully, the wins continue as the season draws to a close, and we see the Browns become more of a successful team in the years to come. I am confident, and I promise to stick in with Cleveland when they win, and when they lose. Woot! Woot! Woot! Woot! Go Browns!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please Drink Responsibly. (Or Not At All)

A Victim of Music

Beauty of Self-Expression